Because I’ve been thinking about this weekend’s hockey pool, and the forthcoming season. Heck, I even caved and ordered cable so I could watch some Canucks games at home.
- The Red Wings will repeat as Stanley Cup winners, beating out the Habs in the finals.
- Sidney Crosby and Evgeny Malkin will finish one-two in the scoring race, but a lack of healthy defencemen will prevent Pittsburgh from reaching the finals.
- Los Angeles and the New York Islanders will battle it out for worst in the league (and thus the best shot at drafting phenom John Tavares). I’m giving it to the Kings (despite Barry Melrose’s presence in Tampa Bay).
- Mats Sundin will bide his time until December and sign with a team that promises to make a playoff run. That won’t be the Canucks because…
- The Canucks won’t score enough goals to make the playoffs.
- The Sedin brothers will give up hockey and become Mormons. Doesn’t this photo scream “we’re wearing temple garments under our golf shirts”?
I guess those are all pretty safe bets. What are your predictions?