I was doing a bunch of online research yesterday, and encountered a bunch of heretofore-unknown blogs. These five intrigued me for one reason or another:
- Full Bodied – Nice (wine) rack! Keep abreast of vintner trends! The A, B, Cs and double-Ds of wine culture! “Two hot fat chicks on wine and other good things in life.” Features reviews and photos of wine nestled in cleavage. I don’t drink, and I kind of think the wine industry is a big scam, but I’m sure plenty of others will dig the wine plus boobs strategy. Thanks to The Vancouverite for the find.
- Green as a Thistle – Vanessa is a journalist at the National Post, and is spending “an entire calendar year, doing one thing that betters the environment.”
- Kitchen Witch – This looks like a popular and witty blog. I like any blogger who frets over the gender of her chickens: “Pepper is still gender-indeterminate. Curses. Looks slightly different from Liquorice, but then it’s not as if they’re identical twin chickens, now is it? I continue to think henly thoughts, pushing all roosterish inclinations from my mind.” Mostly, I liked the total absence of a header graphic. The first blog post starts at the very top of the page–quite unusual.
- The Salvation Army of Canada – The Sally Ann has a pretty nice-looking blog. Who knew?
- Chinese in Vancouver – Way to pick a niche–it looks really interesting. I’m subscribed. I was amused to see this post about a creepy former Chairman in China’s ruling party.