- Check out Roland’s photos from the Library Square Pub, which was overflowing with election watchers–thanks to everybody for coming down.
- This government is going to make for some strange bedfellows.
- I predict that it’ll be at least two years before another election. All the parties will recognize that the Canadian people are a little fed up with
- Harper is the first non-Quebecois Prime Minister since…who? Kim Campbell?
- This election was kind of a no-win situation for me. I really didn’t think
the Liberals deserved another term, and I don’t care for much of the Conservative
Party’s platform. Hopefully the CPC will have to govern toward the middle.
- Jen says it’s
all my fault.
- For a few exciting minutes, the CBC showed the
Green Party with a seat.
- My childhood riding of West Vancouver-Sunshine Coast, a Conservative stronghold, went Liberal for the first time in over 30 years.
- The Liberals need to clean house (or at least offer the appearance of cleaning house). Bring on Belinda Stronach as party leader. It’d never happen, but I think it’d be a ballsy declaration of intent.
- Peace out, Sam Bulte. From a pro-user zealot.
- Rob makes an interesting observation about share of votes compared to share of seats.
- James writes about his experience counting ballots.
- Roland’s fancy, new phone captures some decent video quality (I can’t say much for the content).
- A reasonable explanation of why Vancouver Centre took so long to report in.
I’m headed down to Seattle for Microsoft Search Champs v4 tomorrow, so blogging will be light and heavily NDA’d over the next three days.