As I mentioned, our book (see also Amazon) is coming out later this month. In celebration (and relief), we’re holding a book launch party on November 24. Here are the details:
Date: Tuesday, November 24, 2009
Time: 7:00pm – 11:00pm
Location: Autumn Brook Artists Gallery, 1545 West 4th Avenue (map, view from street)
We’ll do a brief talk at some point in the evening, followed by a short reading from the book. We’ll also be available to personally inscribe the many, many copies you’ll surely be purchasing to give out as Christmas gifts.
- Appetizers will be served.
- Convenient cash bar.
- Autographed copies of our book will be available for purchase for $20.
- There’s lots of street parking around, or you may want to consider parking on Granville Island and walking up to the gallery. Otherwise, the location is served by many lovely bus routes.
If you’re local to Vancouver, feel free to stop by. Please either RSVP to the Facebook event or, if you’re not the Facebooky type, drop us a quick email at email@example.com.
Congratulations to both of you! I’m happy to be the first to comment. Look forward to seeing the book and celebrating!
Will you be giving out any free copies?
At the event? I expect we’ll give out a few, yep.
1. Did you self-publish? If so, who did you use and why?
2. For Amazon, did you enter into any of their various promotional campaigns (such as — and I may be expressing this poorly — buying a link so that your book appears on “Customers who bought this …” or similar.)
@bobby: he did that two days ago … *long* line-up … I guess you missed your freebie.
1. Nope, the book’s being published through No Starch and distributed by O’Reilly. We self-published our previous ebook, so we wanted to go a different way for this one.
2. Our publisher handles that stuff, so I can’t say what they have or haven’t done. I asked a colleague from the publishing industry, and you can’t actually buy “customers who bought this” slots. You can buy something called Amazon Co-op, which is how books are paired.
Comments are closed.