Everybody likes to make year-end lists. Here, for example, is a big schwack of lists organized by category. I was trying to think of a good topic for a top ten list, and this is the best I could come up with:
- Top ten Andrew Lloyd Webber musicals cited in my Twitter feed.
- Top ten titles for Mother Spears’s disappointingly-on-hold parenting book.
- Top ten photographs of my navel lint.
- Top ten matching outfits belonging to Argot, my level 48 Undead Priest in World of Warcraft.
- Top ten dodgy, kooky and illegal products I declined to market this year.
- Top ten Mediterranean beasts that bit or stung me over the past eight months.
- Top ten books I intended to read in Malta, but am now hauling to Morocco.
- Top ten books I didn’t write because I’m, you know, lazy.
- Top ten 2008 technology predictions, because I’m crap at them and everybody else does them anyway.
- Top ten top ten lists of top ten lists. Is that yak shaving or turtles all the way down?
For an actual list, I’ve been bookmarking all the movies that I missed this year.