I was curious to browse through the winners (all 100 of them, which seems a tad excessive), and learn about those I hadn’t heard of before:
- Cha Cha – Human assisted search (you chat with an apparent search expert who helps you find what you’re looking for).
- Gaia Online – Online community and MMPORG for teens. Interestingly, at the moment, they have about two-thirds the number of users online that Second Life does, or did at this time yesterday (21K compared to 35K).
- Stardoll – Dress up avatars–virtual version of the old paper doll kits. Popular, presumably, with the pre-teen and teen girls (and, no doubt, a few adults recapturing the dress-up days of yore).
- Revision3 – Hosts a bunch of online shows, most notably Diggnation.
- PollDaddy – Free polls for your blog or social network profile.