Notes from Dave Dederer’s talk at Gnomedex:
* He’s a founding member of the Presidents of the United States
* Rockin’ it with the acoustic guitar, playing Velvet Underground tunes. He does a mean Lou Reed.
* Bloggers are junkies — “skulking around in this grey market”
* Makes lots of coin from iTunes
* I’m not in the music business anymore, I’m in online commerce.
* Ioda – Promonet – enables bloggers and podcasters to use music for free
* Marc Canter refers to iTunes’ dominance of the music download sector – “nobody wants to put their balls in one vice”
Those derned tags: gnomedex presidentsoftheunitedstates music purple monkey dishwasher